16 March, 2010

Life Is Grand

The sky is blue, the hedge is green with delicate white (jasmine) and and not-so-delicate pink (geranium) flowers, the sun is shining warmly over my legs as I recline on my bed, and I wonder what I should write here.  In the next room, Shine TV is playing, but most of what the man (Joseph Prince) is saying is a blur, largely because of his accent.  Something about Philippians 4:8, 'good report', 'think on these things'.  That's rather a contrast to "Trauma," the recorded medical drama that was playing before.
I still haven't managed to compact all my stuff into one bedroom, in spite of recycling or throwing out a lot of stuff.  Several boxes and bags are still stacked in the hallway.
Yesterday was productive, getting washing done, floors vacuum cleaned, kitchen floor washed, skirting boards and dishwasher wiped, laundry tub and washer scrubbed... lots of cleaning!  Then when I'd done enough of that sort of thing, I returned to the book I was reading, "The Shack".  I used to read a lot.  I could get totally lost in a book and even calling my name didn't always bring me out.  Books were my escape.  But now, it's really hard to stay focussed on a story.  I'm not precisely sure what changed, but perhaps my own life has become so exciting that reading about someone else's, no matter how well written, just doesn't hold me.  Anyway, I am rarely to be found with a novel in hand these days, and completing one is even more rare, so for me to highly recommend "The Shack" says a lot.  I didn't read it all in one gulp, because it was nice to put it aside and dwell on the images and thoughts presented while I did other things, but there was no difficulty in picking it up again for the next swallow.  Yes, I think you could say that I drank it in.  I would quite happily believe it to be a true story, though it is a work of fiction, for my own experience had already made introductions.  Hehe, you'd have to read the book to understand that comment!  But while much of it was just going deeper into what I already knew, there were some new thoughts provoked as well.  If you haven't read it already, please do!


But that was yesterday.  Today I'm being pleasantly lazy.  With the load of washing hung, I went for a walk up the road late morning.  There are paddocks on one side, and it soon becomes more country than town.  I didn't go far, but stopped by a sun-drenched paddock and stood gazing at nothing much, enjoying the autumn warmth of the sun and thinking pleasant thoughts.  Close by is a concrete tank on a low concrete platform, which soon became my seat.  I sat for nearly half an hour, enjoying the feel of being in the country again, mind meandering gently, dwelling on a future return to farming, while my spirit radiated a quiet joy and peace.  Those remain still, along with a delightful wonder at the presence of the Holy Spirit.
Does this seem idle?  Filling my days with chatting, housework (when the feeling takes me or it is asked of me, which actually isn't all that often), cross-stitch, reading (Christian non-fiction), computer, ummm... what else do I do?  Sounds idle to me!  I sit - or lie or stand, however the moment finds me - and ask the Lord, "How long before I get into some action?"  All the while I fill up with this amazing bubble of contentment, knowing that when the Lord does provide the means to go into action, there will be plenty to do and I shall look back on these days of rest as... days of rest!  Lol.
Confused?  I'll back up a bit.  I'm unemployed.  I have no money.  I know God has led me to this point so I'm not trying to fix it (coz it ain't broke, LOL).  The couple that I live with are unemployed (brought about because of direct instruction from God - and incredibly, God used me to give the confirmation of the timing - that was amazing!), and also have no money.  We have been preparing for what the Lord has laid on our hearts, and now we await the provision so we can go into action.  It is an extraordinary position to be in.  It's one of those things that you shouldn't even think of trying without the Lord's direction, but if He tells you to do it, you'd better!
On top of that, I'm going to Borneo in a little over six weeks' time. Occasionally I freak out about all that lies ahead, but I come back to the question, "Do I trust God enough to let Him take me to the point where it is humanly impossible to accomplish His promises?" And my answer is always, "Yes!"  And then His promise that He will never leave me nor forsake me.  And that I can do all things through Christ.  And that His strength is made perfect in my weakness.  And that He loves me - unfathomably and inseparably.  And I love Him - more and more.  Ohhh, life is sooo GRAND!
And this post is way too long again!  hehehehe

1 comment:

Narelle said...

Yes, way too long. ;) Don't turn into Stephanie Kauffman! It takes me months to read her epistles!