15 March, 2010

Beyond imagination.

My heart is too full to say nothing! The image comes to mind of a cup overflowing, but this is no ordinary-size mug, it's a huge bucket, bursting at seams and through holes all over. It is a bigness of feeling that must be shared... an overflowing of grace and love and blessing that must not be contained but spill over others... a bounty that is too great for a fullstop at the end of a complete sentence...
I live in the now while looking back and forward, and my heart, soul, and spirit are like a tumbling stream, crystal clear yet unable to be caught and stilled, dancing in the sun, ducking into quiet, shaded pools, then gurgling merrily out into the sunshine again. Not all days have been like this - the past week has been much of a roller-coaster ride - but through all is that Peace that passes all understanding. I am shod with it, and stand firm, secure on the Rock, even when the storms rage and wild winds blow and all I can do is stand. But by the grace of God I outstand the storm, and can once again fight, or simply leap all over the Rock in delight!
I would that all would come to meet my Lord as I have met Him! The Father, who held me on his lap, curled into His shoulder in total security and love, while He held a conversation over my head with Jesus and the Holy Spirit...! Jesus... hugs, dances, laughter, quiet contemplation, facing fears, swimming, flying, working heart changes, grins, walks, more hugs... And then finally, I met the Holy Spirit, my teacher... instruction, creativity, warfare, walks, wisdom, laughter, swimming, hugs, instruction, warfare, understanding... To sit (in the middle of an indoor church service) on a huge log with Jesus and tell Him that I have given him everything, and that with all of my being I want Him to be glorified, and have Him respond, "Yes. I will be glorified."
Oh, this is but a fraction of what can be experienced! To the questions, 'How does God communicate with us? How do you hear from God?' I can now not only say, 'Through inner conviction, through verses of the Bible brought to clear notice,' but also, 'He speaks, and I hear!'
Often I had heard of such a relationship, often did I wonder, 'does that person actually hear Him?' but I doubted (though I hoped) that I could attain to such a relationship. Oh, believe it! It is possible! And sooo desirable!

No comments: