18 March, 2010

Perfect Peace

Autumn is making its presence felt.  Colder temperatures make extra blankets on the bed and a warm fire in the lounge necessary comforts.  I am sitting by the latter doing what has this morning been labeled 'knitting'.  Cross-stitch and computer at the same time: "cross two, backstitch four, type to the end of the line"...! Lol.  It actually works quite well.  I stitch while I think, then when I've thought enough, I type.  And then when I run out of thoughts to type, I stitch and think some more.
Chocolate (with thanks for people who give tasty gifts) along with a hot milo rounds out that cosy feeling.

But nothing compares to that Peace that passes understanding.  Nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, compares to the peace and joy of walking with God.  Though circumstances and choices made seem to defy reason and sense, yet the peace within gives a certain knowing that all is right between me and God, and I'm exactly where He wants me to be, doing what He wants me to be doing.

I will not walk the way others walk, and none can walk my walk.  Each must walk as God leads.  That's what personal faith is.  If you haven't got complete peace about doing something, don't do it!  That's what being shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace is all about.  If you're not standing firm in the peace of God, you're on shaky ground, and will fall before you can fight.
Psalm 34:14, "Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it."

No comments: