20 May, 2010

Effective Prayer 2

Another prayer answered!  Actually, this was more than a simple prayer.  This was some serious fighting on someone else's behalf.  Earlier this year I began learning more about spiritual warfare, reading a really good book about our spiritual armour (I can't remember what it was called) and another on spiritual warfare ("The Adversary").  The Lord gave me opportunities to use what I was learning, and I was greatly encouraged by the results.
After I arrived here at Living Waters, I noticed a boy who had some violent tendencies.  I wanted to pray for him, but it took me a while to find out his name (whenever I thought of asking, there was nobody around to ask), and I also found out that he has a violent family background.  One evening nearly two weeks after my arrival I retired to my room to spend time with the Lord, and immediately the Holy Spirit led me into praying for this boy - fighting for him, actually.
Over the next couple of days, I tried to see if there had been any change, but though I wasn't seeing him pushing and shoving, that could be just me not seeing it happening.  It wasn't until last night as I was sitting with one of the other girls, Miriam (nurse from Holland), that I had confirmation.  The boy came up to give her something, and after he'd gone, Miriam said, "I don't know what's happened to him.  He's so sweet now!"  I beamed in delight but asked her to clarify, just to be sure, then told her what had made the difference.  Yay, oh yay!  Oh, the power and authority we have in Jesus' name!

1 comment:

Kiwiangel said...

Praise the Lord. Isn't it neat being a willing and ready prayer-warrior for when God prompts a specific person?! Great to see your prayer life going from strength to strength.