09 April, 2010

Wahoo! Yeehaa!

Behold my excitement!  LOL.  I have first-hand evidence of Matthew 6:33, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."  Only hours after I wrote "Letting Go but Holding Tight" the Lord provided $500!  [Thanks to the donor, also!]  I had such fun yesterday getting some things done and feeling business-like.  I came home from the bank with a fistful of twenty-dollar notes - a long time since any of us had seen that much cash!  Vaccinations are now happening next Monday, I have enough fuel to get there and back, the car's registration doesn't run out until the next day so I'll still be driving legally (gotta love that timing!), my passport photos have been witnessed, the renewal application filled out, and posted with the required documentation.  I also spent some time online answering emails and checking out travel visa requirements.  Hmm, I need proof that I have sufficient funds to last me while I'm away.  That should prove interesting, hehe.  I wait with excitement to see what God will do next.


An odd thing is that it's actually more of a challenge having some money than having none.  Or maybe that should be: having some money.  It would be so much simpler if God just provided the whole blooming lot and let us get on with it!  With absolutely nothing, all I could do was leave it all in God's hands and sit back and relax.  With a portion provided, I have to do something with it, and suddenly the possibilities for mistakes and waste are felt.  Asking for wisdom becomes imperative, and I have to turn my mind away from all the other things I need but cannot use this money for.


Life is such a joy.  I continue to trust God to bring things to pass in His time and way.


Zipidee-doo-dah, zipidee-day... :-D

No comments: