07 January, 2007

South Island holiday, December 1-19, 2006.

I had a GRAND time at the ACE South Pacific Student Convention. I got bitten by the Convention bug again after 5 years away, committed to memorizing the book of Proverbs (chapter by chapter), thoroughly enjoyed a couple of very late nights (early mornings), and suffered really bad withdrawal the day after Convention finished because I hadn't thought to gradually reduce the companionship after such a full-on week! =/
Apart from the ferry crossings and the TranzAlpine train, my journey was by bus. I was heartily sick of bus travel by the time I got home! I was very glad of cellphone texting contact with various people to while away the time as I journeyed.
I visited lots of folks on the way home, stopping for a couple of nights here and there. It was great to catch up with friends and to visit with family.
Then it was back into the busy life on the farm, with a week spent by myself while Colin and Dorothy had a break to spend time with their family in Northland and Hawke's Bay. I wasn't alone much, though, and I did hardly any cooking because several church families invited me to meals. The worst feature was the rain that never seemed to end. I enjoyed having the house to myself for a change.

No comments: