07 January, 2007


Simeon, the friend who got me this job at Castle Craig. We met in Flagstaff, Arizona, USA, at the International A.C.E. Student Convention in May 1999. Everybody was seated according to country or state for the evening rallies, and since he was the only one from the UK and I was one of only three from NZ, we sat next to each other for five nights running. After leaving, we only knew each other's name and country of origin. Three and a half years later my younger sister was in touch with an acquaintance in the UK, the acquaintance knew Simeon... to cut the story short, he sent Katrina an email asking if she was related to the girl he sat next to at Interational... I discovered then that he had been in NZ for 2 years already. Well, three years later when I was starting to look for a farm job, he told his parents, and they offered me this job. I didn't even remember what he looked like, so meeting again after seven years was rather fun (this picture was not that occasion). The intermittant emails continue, though, because he lives way up north with his brother.

Roundabout way to get a job, but the sort of thing God seems to like setting up!

No comments: