21 October, 2004

!!! I had my first flying lesson yesterday !!!

Mum and Dad gave me a birthday gift of $50 for an introductory flying lesson (which left me speechless). I was able to put it into action yesterday! I got to do much more than I expected, including the take-off, which freaked me out a bit - not the take-off, but steering it with my feet (pedal control of front wheel and rudder)! We were in the air for about 30 minutes, during which I was experimenting with the controls and trying to realize that I was actually flying a plane!
The flight was mid-afternoon, but I still hadn't come down to earth when I went to bed. =c)
Unfortunately, I have to save for going to Taratahi next year, so I don't think I'll be continuing the lessons until after then. I feel incredibly blessed. I am doing so many things this year some of which I hadn't even dreamed of a year ago, let alone thought I might actually accomplish!

I'd better come down out of the clouds before long, 'cause tomorrow's pickup for work is at 5:15am. What a life I lead...and love it!

1 comment:

Jeremy and Katrina Peake said...

Hey Big Sister,
I just remembered to check your account again and found loads I haven't read!! Well, all of it actually!
You go girl! Glad, oh so glad you're having so much fun. Isn't God good?! So when are you going to take a holiday from all this fun and come stay with your little sister and hubby????