14 August, 2013

Moving North

I am moving to Rotorua!  Somewhat unwillingly at first (the idea did come as quite a shock), but now with enthusiasm and excitement.  I don't know what I'll do when I get there, but God said to go, so I'm going, trusting Him to reveal the steps as needed.  I made a quick trip at the beginning of August to get a feel for the place and came away having begun to fall in love with the place and with the absolute certainty it is the right place and right time, in spite of cold, wet, wintery weather and the first afternoon being particularly offensive to the nose in the town centre.
I have 3.5 weeks left of work at the supermarket.  In my spare time (of which there is quite a lot, since my hours have been reduced to 25) I am usually either sorting and packing or making farewell visits.
I am only taking what I can fit in my car, so everything else will go into storage.  Thankfully I don't have much furniture these days.  My flatmate is allowing me to leave the piano in her lounge for however long I need, and will keep my office chair on loan.  She is also taking permanent possession of my filing cabinet and a small bookcase.  That leaves me with 2 tall bookcases and a tv stand/cabinet to store.  That may be all the furniture, but there will be plenty of boxes containing books, fabrics, and other bits and pieces that I want to keep but won't need for a while.
My biggest moving issue is my darling cat, Cashay.  I've advertised that I need a new home for her, but I really don't want to give her away, so I'm hoping to find a temporary solution that will allow me to retrieve her in due course.  Whatever the means, I can't take her with me in September, because I'll be on the move or staying with family and friends for several weeks before I can look for a new abode and occupation.  It is a frequent topic of conversation with the Lord.

No comments: