18 November, 2007

Brief update, November 2007

It is months since I have had an opportunity to update my blog. I have become an honorary South Islander, having moved to North Canterbury. I have also made a big jump in farming divisions, as I am now employed in the dairy farming industry. I have my own fully self-contained, two-bedroom cottage plus double garage all to myself (YAY!), but I do not have a computer yet, so when I want to use the internet I go to the boss' house. Being very busy (and often too tired anyway), I only use it about once a week, so updating my blog is way down on the priorities list.
I shifted down here on July 27th. I flew down (to Christchurch) and my Dad drove my car down for me. I then started work on July 29th - straight into calving! Followed by Artificial Insemination (AI), which is still in progress. It has been a very busy few months! But really good, so definitely no complaints! I do miss the sheep a bit, but not the shearing and dagging, nor the flystrike. The injury rate is a little higher (the opportunities for cows to kick while in the shed seems endless), and my fitness level is lower (the farm is all flat and I drive a quad or tractor everywhere), so I guess I'll have to learn to dodge faster which should fix both problems...?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah! it's Abby from the USA. I have meant to let you know how I am doing, but have been busy. Glad to hear how things are for you. my e-mail is abby0284@yahoo.com if you want to contact me. i moved to south Alabama 18 months ago.