26 April, 2006

New Job

I am now living in Te Awamutu with my sister and brother-in-law and young nephew (whose photos appear periodically in this blog) and working at Bin Inn three mornings each week. I refill bins, jars, and shelves, keep things clean, and occasionally work the till. This job is to last until early August, when I will undertake another shift, this time to "Castle Craig" (the farm I will be working on) about 1½ hours from here. This is the first time that I have worked in a shop. It's interesting and fun. This morning I spent most of the time refilling spice/herb jars. My boss, Murray, would like me to stay on permanently (and that's after only one day), but this is definitely only a steppingstone to the next job, and I am thrilled about that one. Colin and Dorothy Gilbert are the owners of "Castle Craig". They already have my dog, Bess, with them. Dorothy turned up at Bin Inn this morning - not long after I'd been thinking that she might show up one day - I didn't expect her on my first day, though! I enjoyed introducing her and Murray to each other. ;c)

No comments: